Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Reactivating my Blog

Thanks to colleagues Dr. Dale Kirby and Dr. Mary Stordy and my daughter Kathleen Hogan for inspiring me - in different ways - to reactivate my blog. Special thanks to Kathleen for guiding me through the process.

Since my last blog, I have been involved with projects at Memorial University. Presently, I am Acting Dean of Education in the absence of our Dean, Dr. Dave Dibbon. I look forward to welcoming Dave back as do all his colleagues.

In the past two years, I have enjoyed two wonderful trips to Australia combing New Zealand on one of those. With a group of 6+ we have enjoyed travelling together and we look forward to a return to southeast Asia in the spring. Otherwise, there have been numerous and pleasant trips to Toronto to visit Kathleen and her family and our other daughter, Maureen. Happily, one of our children, John, continues to live in St. John's.

Otherwise, I enjoy my engagement in the community especially through my involvement with the Johnson GEO Centre as Chair of the Board of Directors and as a member of the Board of Trustees of Eastern Health and a member of the Janeway Foundation.

With golf season coming to a close, I look forward to having more time to blog.

Thank you for reading my blog.
Alice

No comments: